Community Futures Boundary and the Boundary Country Regional Chamber of Commerce are inviting nominations for their annual Business Excellence and Community Awards.
“We are very proud of the individuals and communities that we serve and grateful for the contributions they make to the economy of the Boundary Area,” said the call for nominations.
The awards ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, Oct.24 from 5 – 7 p.m. at the Grand Forks Curling Club.
Categories and sponsors of the Community Awards are:
• Business of the Year/Community Futures Boundary (CFB): Recognizing an exceptional Boundary Region business whose commitment to overall best practice, customer service, employee relations, and positive public image leads the way and sets an example within our business community.
• Family friendly Business/Grand Forks Credit Union: Acknowledging efforts to create businesses and workplaces that are supportive to families.
• Individual – Service Excellence/Grand Forks Gazette and Boundary Creek Times: The Individual Service Excellence Award recognizes an individual in the community who has provided superior services to a client or customer. This person has exceeded the expectations of their clients/customers.
• Business – Service Excellence/BCRCC: The Business Service Excellence Award recognizes a Business that provides superior products and/or services.
• Community Volunteer/CFB: The Community Volunteer Award recognizes an individual who demonstrates exemplary dedication to their community, and who inspires others by their volunteer commitment to the community. This individual gives freely of their time, talents and energy in local organizations, festivals and special projects.
• Community Impact/CFB: This award recognizes community impact by a nonprofit organization that has had positive and meaningful effect on the broader community.
• Youth/Phoenix Foundation: Youth Entrepreneur who demonstrates initiative in business.
• Green Award / The Boundary Sentinel: The Green Award recognizes a business or organization that operates in an environmentally responsible manner and/or produces a product that reduces natural resource consumption, supports local community and supports the local economy. This award celebrates excellence in green practice and environmental sustainability.
• Retail Excellence Award/BCRCC: Skilled retailing requires an attention for detail in aesthetics, atmosphere, location and merchandise. The Retailing Excellence Award recognizes a retailer who has been proactive to changing market trends, embraced new technology or ideas and has combined skilled marketing with good selling practices. This retailer is a leader in the merchant community. Strong relationships with employees and customers are essential.
Nomination forms are available at the Community Futures Boundary office in Grand Forks at 1647 Central Avenue, at the Greenwood office at 245 S. Copper St., or online at www.boundarycf.com
Nominations must be received by Oct. 9, 2013.