On March 16, B.C. instituted a ban on all gatherings of 50 people or more, in an effort to combat and slow the spread of the pandemic virus COVID-19. Community groups, events and institutions will be affected by the new social isolation rules and we will be keeping track of what’s cancelled and what’s not. Check out the list below for the latest.
Are you a representative of a Boundary organization that has closed a facility or cancelled an event due to COVID-19? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details to get added to this list.
Date last updated: March 23 at 10:30 a.m.
• The Grand Forks Red Hat Ladies have cancelled all meetings until future notice.
• Grand Forks drop-in soccer is cancelled.
• All group-based sessions offered by Boundary Family Services Society are cancelled until further notice.
• The Boundary Volunteer Tax Program has cancelled its services at all locations (Greenwood and various locations in Grand Forks).
• Boundary Women’s Fastpitch has cancelled all meetings, practices and games until May 1, 2020.
• The Circle of Indigenous Nations Society’s Healing Our Spirits circles have been cancelled, pending further notice.
• The Boundary Métis Community Association has cancelled all upcoming events, effective March 17.
• Christina Lake Community Hall Tuesday coffee chats are cancelled until further notice.
• The Grand Forks region Point-in-Time count, scheduled for March 23, has been postponed indefinitely.
• The Great Benjamins Circus, scheduled for April 4 at Dick Bartlett Park, has been cancelled. Ticket holders will be automatically refunded.
• Bingo in Greenwood has been cancelled until further notice, meaning that all associated events such as Paint Nite are also cancelled.
• The Christina Lake Easter Egg Hunt is cancelled for 2020.
• RDKB recreation facilities and offices in Trail and Grand Forks are closed to the public, effective March 17.
• The Grand Forks Curling Club is closed until further notice. As such, the Rocker Reynolds Open Mixed Bonspiel, originally scheduled for March 27 to 29, 2020, is cancelled.
• The Greenwood Public Library is closed, as of March 18, until further notice. Resources are still available through the library’s website.
• The Boundary Museum & Interpretive Centre is closed until further notice.
• Gallery 2 in Grand Forks is closed until further notice.
• Blessings Boutique is closed until further notice.
• The Grand Forks Seniors Society’s centre is closed until further notice.
• The Midway Seniors’ Centre is closed.
• Both the Grand Forks and Greenwood Legions are closed until further notice.
• Riverside Centre in Rock Creek is closed until further notice.
• The Columbia Basin Alliance For Literacy – Boundary has cancelled all ongoing programs as of March 16.
• The GEM Theatre in Grand Forks announced March 17 that it will remain closed until further notice.
• The Christina Lake Stewardship Society office is closed until further notice.
• Dave Dale Insurance, including ICBC licensing services, is closed in Grand Forks until further notice.
• The USCC Community Centre, playground and office are closed to the public.
• The Grand Forks Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Store is closed until further notice. People with items to give are asked to hold onto their donations at this time as no staff will be available to accept them at the 2nd Street store.
• Pubs and restaurants in B.C. were told on March 17 to close or switch to take-out only, under an order issued by the province’s public health officer.
• Spas, salons and other “personal service establishments” were ordered closed on March 21.