Convicted child abductor Randall Hopley living in Vancouver

Hopley was convicted in the kidnapping of 3-year-old Sparwood boy

The man who abducted a three-year-old boy from his Sparwood, B.C, home in 2011 is now living in Vancouver.

Police issued a public warning on Thursday, saying Randall Hopley is now living in the city and poses a risk to the safety of young boys. Neither his neighbourhood nor his address were released.

Hopley, 53, was sentenced to six years behind bars and deemed a long-term offender in 2013, after he kidnapped Kienan Hebert from his bedroom two years earlier, triggering an Ambert Alert. The toddler was returned home four days later, unharmed.

The Correctional Service of Canada assessed Hopley as “a high risk for violent and sexual re-offending,” police said. He is bound by a 10-year long-term supervision order and was convicted of sexual assault and break-and-enters prior to the Sparwood case.

He is living in Vancouver under several conditions, including to not be in, near or around places where children under the age of 16 are likely to be, unless accompanied by an adult approved by his parole supervisor. He also must abide by a daily curfew from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.

Hopley is described as white, five foot nine inches tall, 150 lbs., with brown hair, hazel eyes and often has a beard.

Anyone who sees him violating conditions is asked to call 911.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Minor injuries in car, semi accident near Greenwood

Road conditions were likely a factor in the Friday morning crash.

UPDATE: B.C. legislature managers accused of excessive travel, personal expense claims

Speaker Darryl Plecas’ report details ‘flagrant overspending’

B.C. man fined $10,000 after leaving moose to suffer before death

Surrey man was convicted last week on three Wildlife Act charges

‘Blue Monday’ isn’t real, but depression can be

CMHA encourages people to prioritize their mental health

Anti-pipeline group wants NEB to consider impact of emissions, climate change

Stand.earth filed NEB motion asking to apply same standard to the project as it did with Energy East pipeline

B.C. man charged in 2014 snake venom death of toddler

Henry Thomas was taking care of the North Vancouver girl the day before she died

Parole granted for drunk driver who killed B.C. RCMP officer

Kenneth Jacob Fenton will be able to attend alcohol abuse treatment, nearly three years after crash that killed Const. Sarah Beckett

B.C.’s largest public-sector union wants inquiry into money laundering, drugs

Union officials say Premier John Horgan and Attorney General David Eby have not ruled out the possibility of a public inquiry

Teen in confrontation with Native American: I didn’t provoke

Nick Sandmann of Covington Catholic High School said he was trying to defuse the situation

New military armoury opens in Cranbrook

Military presence in the Key City a part of the 44th Engineer Squadron

Most Read