As a 45 year resident of Midway, I am seeking your support to serve a 3rd term on Village Council.
During my previous terms, councils have built a sidewalk on Florence for public safety, supported grant funding to develop hiking/biking trails along the river and on the south hillside, commenced refurbishing of the CPR bunk house, worked with other community players to reactivate our mill site, opened the door for the August Music Festival, and laid the foundation for our Community Forest.
Council needs to have vision, courage, compassion, integrity, and an attentive ear to the needs and concerns of the community groups and families within Midway.
To help our local businesses, I would introduce planning initiatives to create a “We must stop in Midway” mind-set by:
- Developing the Highway 3 corridor to give a good first impression to travelers and promote the services and activities in the community
- Enhancing the trails within the Village to promote its history, ecology, and beauty
- Renovating our facilities to make them more functional for prospective renters
Maintaining a positive, supportive relationship with our Fire Department as they deal with training regulation changes, inevitable changes in leadership, and partnering services with Area E is a must.
The Village needs to do some serious planning and marketing. We cannot wait for business to find us. We can:
- Load more information into our website
- Identify the lands that are available for development
- Have a ready-to-present plan for the airport lands that includes domestic, business, recreational, agricultural, low-income, and ecological aspects.
Over the past three years, I have attended many Council meetings to keep myself abreast of Council decisions and community concerns.
I would appreciate your vote to bring my energy, experience, vision, and determination to Council.